|Quick Facts – Phaser 5550
- The Phaser 5550 starts at $1,999.
- Network connectivity standard on all models except Phaser 5550B model
- up to 50 ppm
- Maximum paper size: 11.7 x 17 in. / A3
- Standard paper capacity: 1,100 sheets
- Maximum paper capacity:
- 11 x 17 in. / A3: 2,100 sheets
- Total: 4,100 sheets
- Two-sided output standard on 5550DN and 5550DT models
- Finishing options include stacking, stapling, and hole-punching
- Resolution: up to true 1200 x 1200 dpi at full rated speed
- First-page-out time as fast as 6.5 seconds
- 500 MHz processor
- Adobe® PostScript® 3™
- Windows (including Vista), Mac, Novell, Linux, and Unix compatible
- Maximum duty cycle of 300,000 pages per month
- Minimum dimensions (w x d x h): 25.2 x 20.7 x 19.6 in. (640 x 525 x 498 mm)
- What comes in the box
- Toner cartridge (capacity: 35,000 pages1)
- Drum cartridge (capacity: 60,000 pages1)
- Power cord
- Software and documentation
|Competitive Edge – Phaser 5550
- Lower purchase price than other competitive products
- True 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution at full engine speed is not available on competitive products
- More standard memory and more maximum memory than most competitive products
- True Adobe® PostScript® 3™ is not available on competitive products
- 10/100/1000Base-TX Ethernet rather than 10/100Base-TX Ethernet on competitive products
- Superior printing alerts such as PrintingScout™ provide more detailed information and are easier to use than alerts on competitive products
- Configuration SIM card, which increases uptime, is not available on competitive products
- Faster first-page-out time than competitive HP products
- Higher maximum paper output capacity than competitive products
|Productivity Features – Phaser 5550
- Fast speeds, up to 50 ppm for both single- and two-sided printing, and as fast as 6.5 seconds to first page, quickly handle your demanding workload
- Sharp image quality, fine lines and text, fast warm up time, and durable for archiving documents with Xerox EA Toner
- 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution delivers exceptional print quality without slowing down the Phaser 5550 printer’s powerful performance
- High paper capacity of up to 4,100 sheets allows the Phaser 5550 to print more without interruption
- Network printing comes standard on all models (except Phaser 5550B) to help more users get more work done
- 500 MHz processor and up to 1 GB of memory handles even complex multi-page jobs quickly and easily
- Extensive paper handling with custom sizes from postcard to tabloid size give you the flexibility to meet your diverse printing needs
- Finishing options include a 3,500-sheet stacker or a finisher that stacks, staples, and hole-punches
- Advanced printing features include collation, booklet making, and edge-to-edge printing
- Secure Print protects your confidential documents by requiring a password entry at the printer before printing (requires optional hard drive)
- RAM collation speeds up larger jobs by quickly processing multiple sets of multi-page documents
|Reliability and Ease-of-use Features – Phaser 5550
- Robust duty cycle of 300,000 pages per month ensures you can regularly handle heavy print volumes.
- Private data stays secure with built-in support for 802.1x and IPv6; the latest network security protocols.
- Xerox Installer automatically installs and configures your printer for easy network connection, getting you up and running in minutes.
- PhaserSMART® online troubleshooting delivers fast solutions so you get back to work quickly.
- Load paper and go with trays that automatically sense the size and type of paper you just loaded in the tray
- CentreWare® IS embedded web server allows you to manage and configure your Phaser 5550 from your desktop.
- Instant on-screen alert notification and help when a print job needs attention with PrintingScout™
- Email alerts notify administrators of common occurrences, such as low toner levels, before they impact productivity.
- PC and Mac drivers let you easily print in mixed environments.
- Booklet printing feature automatically arranges your document so you can easily fold and staple it into a booklet.
|Value Features – Phaser 5550
- Big overall value with low cost-per-page, affordable purchase price, and a great combination of productivity and reliability
- Consistent, trouble-free performance from a printer that’s rated to deliver an impressive 500,000 mean prints between failure.
- Separate toner and drum cartridges maximize the yield of each, reducing cost per page.
- Collect, organize and analyze usage data for tighter cost control with Usage Analysis Tool and Job Accounting features.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified, which means you save on energy costs (Phaser 5550DN and DT models only)
- One-year on-site warranty is standard for added convenience and peace of mind.
- N-up feature prints multiple pages on a single sheet, saving paper, ink, and money.
- Extensive printer management tools expand your capabilities.